Quotes in thread titles turn into HTML-escaped entities when editing the title again
A thread starter had quotes in their title and I needed to change something else in their title.
When I click edit, the title is showing me the
" entities, but when resaving those will now get escaped so the displayed title ends up having the escaped entities in there.
Haha it's difficult to explain - try for yourself :)
- 10 replies
- CIn reply tochrscheuer⬆:Christian Scheuer @chrscheuer2019-06-17 11:32:35.806Z
I'm having troubles with this in a specific post:
I noticed it since I saw it looking weird when I quoted the thread on Facebook:
Edit: This may have been the wrong issue to add this to. I didn't re-edit the title, it was only edited once upon creating of the thread.
- KajMagnus @KajMagnus2019-06-18 11:47:42.856Z2019-06-18 12:56:31.540Z
when I quoted the thread on Facebook
Seems I can reproduce: I copy-pasted that link into a new Facebook post, and in the preview over at Facebook, my new (& not yet submitted) FB post appears as
copy & pasteinstead of
copy & paste. Maybe Facebook fetches the title from the html
<title>tag — which looks like this:
<title>How to copy &amp; paste volume gain and clip gain automation when using the field recorder package</title>
meaning, I seem to have double escaped the
&in the title text, right? The title text shoud be just as follows:
<title>How to copy & paste ...
Edit: Yes this is an a bit different issue, anyway, I'll reopen this and fix, I think I found the buggy line
- Progresswith handling this problem
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2019-04-30 14:00:43.959Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Done 2019-05-18 10:22:21.166Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2019-06-18 12:56:42.261Z.