Request Entity is Too Large
We still have quite a few users who can't share screenshots on our forum. It makes a lot of bug hunting incredibly difficult.
I guess it's because they have retina screens or something like that, which makes the images big.
Would it be possible to:
- Here & now: Improve the error message so that it suggests to the user that if they were trying to upload a screenshot, to take a smaller screenshot and try again
- Short term: Increase the allowed file size so that this can't happen on a normal screenshot?
- Long term: Allow third party storage bucket hosting so that Talkyard doesn't have to have a bottle neck on this?
- 6 replies
- KajMagnus @KajMagnus2020-09-17 14:22:25.760Z2020-09-18 10:02:50.997Z
Ok, I can fix 1)
Here & nowin the upcoming version, this weekend or early next week. I agree about the other steps too.
Notes to myself: Browser side size check, before attempting to upload:
- Progresswith handling this problem
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2020-09-17 14:22:51.517Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2020-09-22 14:54:30.108Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Done 2020-10-07 21:39:22.431Z.