Forum link embeds always show the title of the page, not the linked-to post
If for example I want to link a user directly to a post inside a page, then the embed still shows the name and summary of the page, not the post.
- 6 replies
- In reply tochrscheuer⬆:KajMagnus @KajMagnus2020-10-31 08:41:00.097Z
Good point. Maybe I can look into fixing this, and also starting to support inline link previews (so won't need to add all links in separate paragraphs, but can get title previews inline inside a paragraph) at the same time
- In reply tochrscheuer⬆:KajMagnus @KajMagnus2021-01-02 13:00:53.085Z
This should work now (will upgr Prod later today) — let's try, here's a link to my reply just above: (i.e.
So now the text is from the reply: "Good point ...".
The link preview title is still the topic title.
Not sure if it'd be nice with a "reply nr 1" or "post 2" text somewhere. (Orig post = pos nr 1, the 1st reply = post nr 2)
Reply 1 on page The-Page-Title: Good point. Maybe I can ...
Post 2 on page The-Page-Title: Good point. Maybe I can ...
- Progresswith handling this problem
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2020-10-31 08:41:12.689Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2021-01-02 13:01:16.900Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Done 2021-01-02 22:11:40.857Z.