Users unable to sign in
For some reason, new users are unable to sign in this morning. They get this error:
Error 403 Forbidden
Participant 118 may not see page 39 [TyE305KDJW2]
When I look at the app logs, this is what occurs:
app_1 | DEBUG API request exception: ResultException [DwE4P7], site SiteBrief(1,ueggixa07m,Some(URL REMOVED ON PURPOSE BY JEFF),Active
), ip 10.2.0.5: /-/login-password-create-user kvs: null
- 8 replies
- KajMagnus @KajMagnus2020-11-16 20:17:02.636Z
A quick reply, I'll take a closer look tomorrow: It seems page 39 is not accessible to some people. If you go to this URL:
https:// server address/-39then you'll see which page is page 39. Then, look at the category it's in — is the category access restricted? (Should it be?)
Anyway I think Talkyard should not show an error about this and prevent people from signing in.
When I look at the source code, it looks as if Talkyard could just log a message about it without showing any error. ... I'll have a look tomorrow
- PIn reply tophoenix⬆:Jeff M @phoenix2020-11-16 20:39:32.755Z
Note: As a test, I deleted the #support-chat topic I created and the problem went away, allowing sign-ups to resume without error. I then reenabled it and the error due to page 39 returned. I have disabled that support chat for now. ;)
- Progresswith handling this problem
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2020-11-17 03:36:05.817Z.
- KajMagnus @KajMagnus2020-11-17 11:29:48.073Z
Thanks for the additional info. Seems I can reproduce this:
1) I create a new site, and make it login-required, and 2) create a chat channel and 3) pin it globally. Then, 4) when a new person signs up, this error happens. It's a bug, I've fixed it now, the fix will be in the upcoming version.