Configure password strength? (set minLength to 8)
By default it minLength is 10. I would like it to be 8. Didn't find any option for that.
Would be nice if it where possible to use a configured from e.g.
- 6 replies
- KajMagnus @KajMagnus2018-07-08 06:44:56.487Z
Ok yes now I added an application server config value, for min password length. It'll be in this file:
conf/web/is for Nginx things only). And the config value will be:
talkyard.minPasswordLength=8(if you want 8).
If one configures a value < 8, the server says "I refuse to start: Min password length is less than 8 chars; that's too easy to crack. Bye.".
I've pushed this change to my work in progress branch (
w-km3right now). I'll code review later today? tomorrow?, merge into the
masterbranch and then incl in the next version, on Tuesday maybe.
- Progresswith doing this idea
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2018-07-08 06:46:08.103Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2018-07-08 06:46:10.519Z.
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Done 2018-10-22 13:41:49.610Z.